- The Gendered Nature of Being Unencumbered – This largely explains my wardrobe of jeans and hoodies. "If you ask almost any woman what she would change about women's clothes I promise you pockets would come up about 95% of the time"
Bookmarks for August 23rd
- The interviewer’s fear of the playback – "You can never look as bad as you feel."
Bookmarks for August 15th
- 3quarksdaily: Be Careful What You Wish For: Some Wild Speculation on Goodhart’s Law and its Manifestations in the Brain – What are you actually trying to achieve? Not the metric. Don't focus on the metric.
Bookmarks for August 13th
- How to Source Suggestions from a Reluctant Team Member ï»¿ – One of the most practical posts I've ever seen on how to develop staff.
Bookmarks for July 31st
- Is it too much to ask? – Amal Clooney is presenting an interesting problem for the press, who generally can't treat her like they treat most wives of celebrity men, but also an amazing case study for the rest of us in how pervasive this sexism is.
Bookmarks for July 17th
- xkcd: Free Speech –
- Is the Butch Back? – AfterEllen – Yes: "The society that embraces the butch will be ordered in a way that we cannot yet imagine. Our current social order, after all, with or without gay marriage, with or without mainstream images of transgender bodies, is the one that rendered the butch as the anachronistic, useless, dowdy misfit in the first place."
Bookmarks for July 7th
- Identifying people who are too busy to be nice – Good job interview questions
Bookmarks for June 6th to June 28th
- Why It’s So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism – "Dr. Robin DiAngelo explains why white people implode when talking about race. I am white. I have spent years studying what it means to be white in a society that proclaims race meaningless, yet is…"
- The Difference Between Cultural Exchange and Cultural Appropriation – "using someone else’s cultural symbols to satisfy a personal need for self-expression is an exercise in privilege."
- I Have Been Sitting on Manspreaders For the Last Month and I Have Never Felt More Free – '“Excuse me,” I said, using my bony ass to crush his thigh. Outside of a horror movie, I have never seen anyone react so quickly to get away from another human being.'
Bookmarks for March 22nd
- kateelliott.livejournal.com – Excellent article. One of the reasons I avoid so much mainstream film and tv.
Bookmarks for March 20th
- The revolution that’s changing the way your child is taught | Ian Leslie | Education | The Guardian – So simple, it's a shock to discover it's not how all schools are run.